Atlanta Engagement Photographer
What are engagement photos?
We always recommend to each and every one of our clients to consider having their engagement photos taken before their wedding day. There are a myriad of reasons why engagement photos are always a good idea and I wanted to share my top 5 reasons why you should always have your engagement photos taken by a professional photographer.
1 - Relax Your Nerves - I’m guessing that this might be your very first professional photo shoot and you and your fiancé might be a tad nervous? If this is you, then having your engagement photos taken prior to your wedding day is going to benefit you the most. You’ll be able to get all your nerves out with your wedding photographer and being to relax when taking your engagement photos. We believe that taking engagement photos outside, around the Atlanta area, really helps to relax our clients.
2 - Get Comfortable in Front of the Camera - If this is your first photo session, hearing the camera click might through you off. We really specialize in getting our clients very comfortable in front of the camera. Having someone talk to you behind the lens will get some getting used too but if you have chosen to work with a great wedding photographer, it will become very easy and almost second nature by the time you are done with your photos.
3 - Find Your Best Angles - I cannot count the number of times I meet my clients and one of them says “I like this side of my face/body better”. We are experts at finding the perfect angle for each client. Taking your engagement photos before your wedding day is so helpful for you and your wedding photographer to clearly see where your sweet spots are when you are being photographed. As an Atlanta engagement photographer, we specialize in getting the perfect angle.
4 - Build Trust & Connection with Your Atlanta Engagement Photographer - This is by far our favorite benefit to having your engagement photos taken by an Atlanta Engagement Photographer who could possibly become your wedding photographer. I love this because you start to build a relationship, friendship, and trust all during your engagement photos. We have photographed hundreds of engagement sessions and would love to capture your special day.
5 - Your Wedding Day will be Easy - After your engagement photos have been taken you know exactly how your wedding photographer and you get along and work together. This is CRUCIAL for your wedding day. Why? Because you will NOT be nervous and you will be relaxed knowing that you’ve made the right decision with your wedding photographer to capture your wedding day.
What locations do we shoot our Engagement sessions?
We are not only an Atlanta Engagement Photographer, we also serve Brookhaven, Doraville, East Point, Lilburn, Snellville, Peachtree City, Marietta, Alpharetta, Chamblee, Buckhead, Lithia Springs, Powder Springs and more.
What to wear for your Atlanta engagement session
Advice from an Atlanta engagement photographer
- Comfortable shoes- with Atlanta always comes walking- We suggest either bringing comfortable shoes to throw on while we walk or to wear something that fits your style and is comfortable.
- Simple solid colors, preferably neutral tones, so it doesn’t take away from your face. We suggest wearing more muted shirt such as black, white, beige, maroon, dark blue, grey. I would avoid crazy plaid or clashing patterns.
- Dressing up always makes engagement photos come up that much better: for men we suggest button downs, quarter zips, blazers, dress pants, and women- dresses, skirts, florals, flowy dresses, jumpsuits all are great options- but in the end wear whatever you feel most comfortable in!
- Avoid logos and writing on clothing, these can be super distracting and can take away from your faces in the photos.
- Wear an outfit you’re comfortable in, something you feel confident in that flatters your shape.
- Accessories are great! Women can really have fun with this one, scarfs, rings, bracelets, necklaces, and hats ( nothing too flashy )! Men can wear watches, rings, or whatever accessories they like.
Frequently Asked Questions For Your Atlanta Engagement Photographer
1. What should I expect during an engagement photo shoot?
Your engagement photo shoot will likely involve 30 minutes to an hour of photography at a specific location in Atlanta. Your Atlanta Engagement photographer will guide you through the process, suggesting poses and locations that will help capture the essence of your relationship.
2. How far in advance should I book an Atlanta Engagement Photographer?
It's best to book as soon as possible to secure their availability. Most photographers recommend booking at least a month or so in advance.
3. How many photos can I expect from an engagement photo shoot?
The number of photos you receive will vary depending on the length of your photo shoot and the package you choose. Typically, you can expect to receive around 10-20 edited photos. You also have the option to purchase more.
4. What is the turnaround time for receiving my photos?
The turnaround time for receiving your photos can vary depending on the photographer's workload and editing process. The average wait time is about a week.
5. What happens if it rains during my scheduled engagement photo shoot?
Your Atlanta Engagement Photographer will work with you to reschedule your photo shoot if inclement weather occurs. They may also offer suggestions for indoor locations if an outdoor shoot is not possible.
6. Do Atlanta Engagement Photographers offer custom packages?
Yes, we offer 2 different packages for our engagement photo sessions. We are also open to custom packages.
What should I wear for my engagement photo shoot?
Do you need an Atlanta Engagement Photographer?
We have competitive packages that can help you prepare for your wedding with a specialty engagement shoot. Engagement photos are perfect for announcing your upcoming wedding, invitation prints, and more.
We can shoot in any location in Atlanta or the surrounding areas, to capture the perfect shots. We have over 16 years of photography experience and know how to capture high-quality engagement photos that successfully demonstrate the love, joy, and happiness of soon-to-be married couples.